Thursday 19 February 2015

familiar faces in familiar places.

It's weird how you form that 'mutual appreciation' with people that you happen to come across regularly. 
When I started doing my art in coffee shops, there was always a few people that I'd come to recognise after a while. They've appeared regularly in my sketchbooks over the few years, which is a nice feeling. 
It's a sort of comfort, in a way. Although the whole world is rushing and changing around you, it's nice to walk in and see a familiar face; you don't know them by name, nor have you ever spoken to them, but you both know that you've seen each other copious amounts of times and that's as far as it goes. You recognise the other person and you give them a smile or a nod and that's that. Simple. 
I like simple pleasures.
You'll never speak, you'll never exchange words but a smile or a welcoming look is all you ever need. 

On another note, I'll be uploading some more work in the next few days. I'm bogged down with this horrible flu going around so instead of a coffee, I'm dosing up on the Orange juice on this round of people creepin'. 



No comments:

Post a Comment