Thursday 5 March 2015

achievement!

So after a hectic morning running around and getting narked with the buses, my artwork is all handed in ready for Saturday. 
I got a sneaky peek and some of the other artists' work being displayed and all I can say is they're all incredible! I'm so proud to be included in such a diverse range of art, and feel incredibly honoured to be asked to be a part of it; especially for such a great cause - International Women's Day! 


There's a lot going on that day - there is a creative journaling workshop that i'm going to attend (I think my work falls under that category) to see what people say about it. 


My work will be displayed in the Post Modern Gallery, and is going to be up all day. There are workshops going on in the space as well, so the best time to come have a nosey (if you wanna, no pressure) would be in between the workshop breaks as not to disturb the workshops. 
(10-10.30, 12-12.30, 1.30-2)
Of course, the workshops are all free to attend and if you fancy it, please go along and have a great time! Many inspiring women are running the workshops and giving up their spare time to run these, so don't hesitate to pop along and get involved. 


After getting a good nights sleep, I looked back at my work this evening and I felt so proud of myself. Okay, sure, there is always room for improvement and there is always things I'm going to pick at, but overall - I did a fucking good job. 
My line work has never looked better; it's so clean and there are hardly any visible mistakes. I think it shows how confident I've become in committing line to paper and not hesitating. Anyway, mistakes can be worked with. 
I forgot to take close up pictures, so I'll provide them on Saturday. Some of the detail on the images need to be seen up close to be appreciated. 
Celebrating with a coffee before I start my shift at work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment