Monday 5 December 2016

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before.

Aren't I shit at keeping this thing up to date?
(Don't be polite - you can say yes!) Well, once again - I'm really sorry!
-insert stuff about life getting in the way, soul-sapping, menial ex-job and more excuses here-


Anyway - hello again, everyone. I'm Sam, incase you've forgotten, occasional artist and drinker of coffee.


I have some news!
I have a new job, at my old college/university. I'm back in a creative, inspiring environment and I couldn't be more happier. My job title is Learning Support Technician within the Art Department and I'm having to re-learn so much stuff (In my defense, University was like 3 years ago now...) but it's super interesting and exciting and I finally feel like I'm doing something worthwhile, y'know? It's the perfect environment for me to start creating again and there's plenty of inspiration around to feed off and I can't wait to sink my teeth back into some art.


So, I know I've been saying it again and again buuuuuuuuuuuut I will be updating this more so than I have done in the past. I promise (again) and I'm sorry (again) and I will try harder (again) because I'm an adult now and adults mostly do things they say they will!


I'm excited, guys.
I won't let you down again!

In the mean time, I've been experimenting with some print-making to get me back in the groove. I've found I really like carving lino for print, quite therapeutic!





No comments:

Post a Comment