Saturday 11 May 2013

Sharing? What's sharing?

Good (very early) morning!
Been a bit slow starting this whole blog thing up, uni is keeping me very busy but I have weaseled some time to scan in some of my doodles and show them off to the world!
(Which is a scary scary thing for me because hardly anyone sees my work because I'm silly like that...)

So, here are some examples of what I do when I sit in coffee shops... apart from consume stupid amounts of caffeine and the occasional cheesecake.



This is one of my very first pages in my 'observational' sketchbook. 


An outing to Bath helped me become more confident with my drawing... something about the whole 'no-one knows you here' vibe. Felt nice to sit in a corner, watch and draw knowing that no-one had a clue who you were.
...and they probably couldn't give a shit either :)

"Use colour in your work, Sam" they said.
They were right to say.
(Also can you tell screaming children absolutely do my head in?!)

I try to quote conversations around me, but my usual set-up is shutting out the world with my headphones.
Sometimes I pick up some good'uns though.


There will be plenty more pages to come in the future, but I thought a quick glance into what I do would be nice. Isn't it nice to share?



2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed these sketches. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete